A11 – one day bike trip with overnight stay
Just when you see its shape of heart, it will be enough to fall in love at first sight with the Trnovacko lake, because it will win you over with its seductive form and its blue-green color. This is the destination hardly anyone can resist.
It is located in the far northwest of Montenegro surrounded by mountains Maglic, Volujak, Vlasulja, Bioc and Trnovacki Durmitor that are reflected in blue-green water of the lake. The lake is not that easily approachable and can be reached from the direction of Pluzine (Montenegro) or from the direction of Foca (Bosnia and Herzegovina).
It is located at 1517 m, with about 600 meters in diameter and with varying depth. The shape of the lake and impressive environment is what makes it perhaps the most beautiful lake in the region. Especially fascinates its blue-green color because of which it looks like an emerald, carefully hidden with slopes of the surrounding mountains.
Near the lake there is rainforest Perucica, one of the last surviving primeval forest in Europe.
Period: From May till October
Activity: Full-day tour
Arrival to Camp Highlander in the morning where the breakfast is planned until 10am. After breakfast distribution of bikes and equipment for a bike tour (helmet and water bottle). Followed by transport with the jeeps to the National Park Sutjeska, where is the starting point for the ride.
- Trail description: Tjentiste – waterfall Skakavac – Prijevor – Trnovacko lake - Tjentiste
Distance 41,79 km. Total ascent 1329 m. Be sure to visit viewpoint above the waterfall Skakavac.
- Trail type: The combination of asphalt, unbeaten macadam, dirty and rocky hiking trails, that can be slippery and muddy, depending on weather conditions.
- Category: Challenging activity, conditionally and technically moderate demanding tour 6/10
- To bring: Shoes and gear for bike riding, changing clothes, sunglasses, water bottle and smaller backpack,
- Included: Rent of a mountain bike, helmet, water bottle, residence tax, entrance fee for the National Park Sutjeska, the services of a licensed guide, two breakfasts, lunch package, dinner and overnight at Camp Highlander.
- Not included: Additional services and all other expenses not covered by the program
DO NOT FORGET!!!
- Passport or ID card (depending on the country of origin)
- Green card (if you are traveling by your own car)
- A warm sweater or jacket (nights by the river can be cooler)
- Towel, slippers for showering and personal toiletries