Three days: rafting arrangement and hiking adventure to rainforest Perućica, Trnovac Lake and Maglić
Price: 170 € person
For accommodation in Lux bungalows, there is an extra 15€ per night, per person over the price of the arrangement.
3 days / 2 overnights / 1 rafting / 1 day photo safari and hiking
Brstanovica – Scepan Field – Camp Highlander – Rainforest Perucica – Maglic – Trnovac Lake
23 km of rafting, 22 rapids (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, 1 snack)
* The offered package applies during the whole week, not just on weekends
Rafting on the Tara River is an adventure you need to experience, but if you are in a hikers' mood and want to enjoy the fresh mountain air, we suggest a perfect rest for the soul, better circulation and peaceful thought: rafting Tara and jeep safaris and hiking adventure to the Perucica rainforest, and then climbing Maglic and vacation near Trnovac Lake. Area of Foca municipality and beyond adorn the great mountain ranges, that belong to the Dinaric Mountains: Maglic, Zelengora, Volujak, Bioc, Ljubisnja, Lelija ... These are all tops of Bosnia and Herzegovina waiting for you to conquer them, but for true lovers of hiking and mountain heights invaders the biggest challenge is Maglic mountain (2386 m). This is the highest peak in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and it is located 20 km southwest of Foca, on the border with Montenegro. It is covered with beech and middling forests. The upper forest border is about 1,600 m above sea level, and above the plateau there is a plateau with pastures and numerous ridges and heights. If you want to escape from the usual everyday life and "supplement" with positive energy then rafting and mountaineering with Highlander Team is the right choice. Show usability, courage and flexibility! Become one with nature - go with us in this adventure!
DAY 1: Arrival to the Camp Highlander until 6 pm (non-binding hour). After settling into the mountain bungalow that you booked you will have dinner (around 8 pm). After that gathering by the camp fire with music.
DAY 2: Breakfast in the early morning hours (around 8 am). After distribution of rafting equipment (safety vest, helmet, neoprene suit and footwear, paddle) our rafting adventure can start. Transport by jeeps to Brstanovica (the starting point for rafting) around 9 am. River guides make seating arrangements on the boat and run a short course / briefing on proper sitting, behavior in the boat and paddling techniques in the fast and wild river. This is followed by rafting in the most exciting parts of the Tara for 3 to 4 hours with breaks for photo safari, swimming and refreshment. After Tara, we will have rafting another 5 km along the Drina river (near Scepan Field, rivers Tara and Piva meet and continue as Drina) until Highlander camp. After lunch guests may enjoy walking by the river or in some other sports activity at the camp (volleyball, soccer…). Dinner around 8 pm and after that gathering by the camp fire with music.
DAY 3: Breakfast until 7 am, preparations for departure till 8 am. Transport to the National Park „Sutjeska” till 9 am. Visit to the rainforest Perucica, one of the most preserved primeval Forest in Europe, and tour to Skakavac waterfall (73 m high). Followed by the climb at Maglic (3 hours walk). At the top of Maglic (2386 m) we will have a beautiful view of the mountains Volujak, Bioc, Durmitor, Zelengora, Trnovacko Lake and canyons of Sutjeska, Drina, Tara, Piva and much more. Snack is planned at the top, after which we move to Trnovacko Lake (2 hours walk). Longer break is organized on the lake where guests may enjoy swimming in the lake. After the break we head towards Prijevor (1,5 hours walk,) plateau below the Maglic where car will be waiting to return us to the camp. Return to the Camp until 5 pm where lunch is organized. After lunch, package tour ends. If desired it is possible to prolong the stay.
BREAKFAST: Homemade bread and fresh donuts (ustipci), smoked ham (prsuta), sour cream (kajmak), cheese, honey, jam, fried and boiled eggs, milk and tea.
LUNCH: Optionally young veal or lamb made under the metal pan, veal soup, trout, homemade bread, salad, cake or fruit.
DINNER: Optionally, grilled meat (meat dumplings (ćevapi), barbecue sausages, chops, chicken, kebab (ražnjići), stew, fish trout, Cabbage rolls (sarma), pie made under the metal pan, salad, homemade bread, pancakes.
*For accommodation in Lux bungalows, there is an extra 15€ per night, per person over the price of the arrangement.
- Previous experience is not necessary
- The minimum number of participants for the implementation of the arrangement is 2 people or you can join an existing group
- The maximum number of participants is 8 persons per guide
- A minimum participants' age is 8 years
- The menu can also be adapted to vegetarians and vegans, but with prior announcement
- The snack and lunch packages are included in the price
- All prices are in euros and per one person
- Timetable in the description of the arrangement is not fixed and may vary depending on the wishes and needs of our guests
- This arrangement can be combined or extended with other arrangements from our offer
The price of the package includes:
- Rafting activities
- Hiking activities
- Overnight in the camp
- All meals during the duration of the arrangement
- Tax for rafting on the Tara river
- Tax for entrance to the National Park "Sutjeska"
- Tax for the tour of Trnovac Lake
- Tourist tax
- Complete rafting equipment
- All transports to off-road vehicles during the arrangement
- Rafting insurance
- Licensed guides and skippers
- Free parking for your vehicles
The package price does not include:
- Additional services
- All other expenses not covered by the program
DO NOT FORGET!
- Passport or ID card (depending on the country of origin)
- Green card (if you are traveling by your own car)
- A warm sweater or jacket (nights by the river can be cooler)
- Slippers and shower towels
- Footwear for hiking