Rafting Tara: from Radovan Luka to Highlander Camp
Price: 160 € person
For accommodation in Lux bungalows, there is an extra 15€ per one night, per person over the price of the arrangement.
3 days / 2 nights / 60km rafting / 3-4 hours jeep safari
(2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, 1 snack)
Canyon Piva - NP Durmitor - Radovan Luka - Scepan Field - Highlander Camp
* The offered package applies during the whole week, not just on weekends
Tara is the second largest canyon in the world and hides a lot of natural beauty that you must see, so we recommend that you start with the Highlander Team in a three-days long rafting adventure with the most beautiful part of Tara - from Radovan Luka to Scepan Field!
DAY 1: Arrival to the Camp Highlander until 6 pm (non-binding hour). After settling into the mountain bungalow that you booked you will have dinner (around 8 pm). After that gathering by the camp fire with music.
DAY 2: Breakfast in the early morning hours (around 7 am). After delicious breakfast we will distribute rafting equipment (life jacket, helmet, neoprene suit and shoes, paddle). All this plus your personal belongings we will packed in jeeps and we departure from the Camp Highlander around 8 am. We will ride through the Piva Canyon passing through 66 tunnels. Short stop at the dam Piva (222 meters height), and then we will climb up the Piva mountain with jeeps. Arrival in the village Trsa (1470 m/nv). The journey continues through Durmitor and passing next to mountain lakes. Crossing the saddle Sedlo (1907 m/nv) and arrival in mountain tourist resort Zabljak (1456 m/nv) where we have pause for a coffee and a short break. The ride through the canyon of the Piva and Durmitor takes about 3 hours. After a break and refreshment, we head towards the Tara canyon and arrive at the place Ćurevac from which there is a fantastic view of the river Tara and its canyon (1330 m). After a short break and snack on the lookout we continue the path and descend to the jeeps at the deepest part of the canyon. We reach the camp „Radovan Luka" where we make the necessary preparations for rafting. After dressing, we leave all personal belongings and wardrobe to the driver who drives them to our next location - Brštanovica. We continue the road from Radovan Luka to Brštanica on the waves of Tara. River guides make seating arrangements on the boat and run a short course / briefing on proper sitting, behavior in the boat and paddling techniques in the fast river. During the trip we make breaks at the waterfalls, springs and other very interesting places for swimming. After an exciting 3-4 hours of rafting on Tara river we reach Brštanovica. There we will find our vehicles with which we return to the Highlander camp where a traditional mountain lunch is waiting for us (around 5 pm). After lunch guests may enjoy walking by the river or in some other sports activity at the camp (volleyball, soccer…). Dinner around 8PM and after that gathering by the camp fire with music.
DAY 3: Breakfast is in the early morning hours (around 8 am) and then we will distrubut rafting equipment (safety vest, helmet, neoprene suit and footwear, paddle). Transpor with our terrain vehicles to Brštanovica (the place where the day before we completed the rafting, and today we are continue). River guides make seating arrangements on the boat and run a short course / briefing on proper sitting, behavior in the boat and paddling techniques in the fast river. This is followed by rafting in the most exciting parts of the Tara for 3 to 4 hours with breaks for photo safari, swimming and refreshment. After Tara, we will have rafting another 5 km along the Drina River (near Šćepan Field, rivers Tara and Piva meet and continue as Drina) until Highlander camp. We arrive around 3 pm, and there is an organized tradicional lunch there. After the exchange of impressions, the arrangement ends but according to the wishes of the guests and their possibilities it is possible to stay longer.
BREAKFAST: Homemade bread and fresh donuts (ustipci), smoked ham (prsuta), sour cream (kajmak), cheese, honey, jam, fried and boiled eggs, milk and tea.
LUNCH: Optionally young veal or lamb made under the metal pan, veal soup, trout, homemade bread, salad, cake or fruit.
DINNER: Optionally, grilled meat (meat dumplings (ćevapi), barbecue sausages, chops, chicken, kebab (ražnjići), stew, fish trout, Cabbage rolls (sarma), pie made under the metal pan, salad, homemade bread, pancakes
*For accommodation in Lux bungalows, there is an extra 15€ per night, per person over the price of the arrangement.
- Previous experience is not necessary
- The minimum number of participants for the implementation of the arrangement is 5 people or you can join an existing group
- The maximum number of participants is 8 persons per guide
- A minimum participants' age is 8 years
- The menu can also be adapted to vegetarians and vegans, but with prior announcement
- The snack and lunch packages are included in the price
- All prices are in euros and per one person
- Timetable in the description of the arrangement is not fixed and may vary depending on the wishes and needs of our guests
- This arrangement can be combined or extended with other arrangements from our offer
The package price includes:
- 90 km of rafting trhoug Tara Canyon
- Overnight in the camp „Highlander“
- All meals during the entire duration of the arrangement
- Tax for entrance to the National Park „Durmitor“ and rafting on the Tara river (35 euros per person)
- Accommodation tax
- Full rafting equipment (neoprene suit, neoprene boots, protective helmet, safety vest, anorak, waterproof sacks)
- Transport during the entire duration of the arrangement
- Insurance for rafting
- Licensed Skippers Guide - International Rafting Federation
- Free parking for your vehicles
The package price does not include:
- Additional services
- All other expenses not covered by the program
DO NOT FORGET!
- Passport or ID card (depending on the country of origin)
- Green card (if you are traveling by your own car)
- A warm sweater or jacket (nights by the river can be cooler)
- Slippers and shower towels
- Footwear for hiking/trekking