The Balkans is one of those destinations that you can explore for years and every time you rejoice in discovering. For many, the journey to the Balkans is a "journey through time", through its rich history, lavish heritage, amazing buildings, natural beauties, various flavors, smells, colors, the impressive cultural heritage of the people, which for centuries lost their lives for only one word - freedom. This year, in the National Park „Sutjeska“, in the Heroes Valley of Heroes at Tjentište, we will mark the 75th anniversary of the famous Battle of Sutjeska. This is the best example of the common struggle of all peoples not only of Bosnia and Herzegovina, but also of all SFRY people, who fought in the Second World War against the occupying forces. This battle, that many of us were listening during the childhood, lasted from 15th of May til 15th of June, 1943, and was a turning point in the Partisan struggle in World War II. About 7,000 partisans died in Sutjeska and left their lives in the Heroes' Valley with the latest message to future generations „Death to Fascism, Freedom to the People". That's why you have to see this memorial complex dedicated to the hero, whose names are still a reminder of how much freedom means to people from the Balkans.
Program: Meeting place of your choice - Highlander camp or Foča center. Then we head towards the National Park of Sutjeska and Tjentiste. Sutjeska National Park is the oldest and largest national park in Bosnia and Herzegovina, which is by its natural values and beauties the jewel of our country. In addition to its natural beauty, the park has exceptional historical value and is under the protection of UNESCO. The valley of the hero is about 30 km from our camp so it is coming very quickly to this complex. The scent of the forest, the green landscapes and the silence disturbed by just a few birds and the whistle of the wind will simply leave you without text. Our plan is to visit the kosturnica where the heroes of the Battle of Sutjeska were buried, then the Museum (renovation is in progress and will be opened this year for visitors), Brigadirsko naselje where the famous music festival „OK FEST" is held, and then we will rest and summarize the impressions by the swimming pool at Tjentište. At the time it was opened (Tito's time) with his 16,000 square meters it was the largest pool in Europe. At the guests' request, we can have lunch at Tjentište, Foča or the Highlander Camp, after which our excursion ends.
LUNCH: Optionally young veal or lamb made under the metal pan, veal soup, trout, homemade bread, salad, cake or fruit.
- The minimum number of participants for the implementation of the arrangement is 2 people or you can join an existing group
- The maximum number of participants is 8 persons per guide
- A minimum participants' age is 8 years
- The menu can also be adapted to vegetarians and vegans, but with prior announcement
- All prices are in euros and per one person
- Timetable in the description of the arrangement is not fixed and may vary depending on the wishes and needs of our guests
- This arrangement can be combined or extended with other arrangements from our offer
The price of the package includes:
- Residence tax
- All transports to off-road vehicles during the arrangement
- Visiting National Liberation War Memorial at Tjentište
The package price does not include:
- Additional services
- All other expenses not covered by the program
DO NOT FORGET!
- Passport or ID card (depending on the country of origin)
- Green card (if you are traveling by your own car)
- Foto camera