Whether you are passing through our country or you are just a guest in the Highlander Camp we recommend that you stop and take a little time and walk through the cobblestones of the most beautiful Bosnian cities. One of them is located in Višegrad, a small town on the right side of the Drina canyon. He is widely known for his bridge ("Ćuprija") on the Drina river, who is a standing like a witness for centuries and a mute observer of the Balkans history. This is the bridge of Mehmed Paša Sokolović, designed by the famous architect of the Ottoman Empire, and completed in 1571. The bridge was partially damaged during the Second World War, but it was soon restored. He became the main hero of the novel „The bridge on the Drina" (srb: „Na Drini ćuprija“) written in 1945 by Ivo Andrić. In 1961, he received the Nobel Prize for Literature, and most thanks to this novel. In July 2007, the bridge was inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Program: You are coming to the Highlander Camp in the morning hours, where we will greet you with welcome drink and a delicious breakfast, after which we start with our terrain vehicles in the direction of Višegrad. After 2 hours of driving we will see the Višegrad basin and famous and many times drunk the bridge of Mehmed-Paša Sokolović. Then we will visit Andrićgrad, which was created thanks to the idea of the famous film director Emir Kusturica about the stone medieval town inspired by the works and figures of the nobleman Ivo Andrić. In architectural terms, the city is a mixture of different epochs and styles, which have shifted through the history of this area: Byzantine style, Ottoman period, Renaissance, Classicism. There are about fifty stone objects in the city, as well as a monument to Nobel Prize winner - Ivo Andrić. We will take away a significant amount of time to visit all sights, and make photos for memory. We will return to the Camp in the afternoon where we will have a traditional lunch. After lunch, with the summing up of the impressions and plans for new adventures, the arrangement ends. According to the wishes and in agreement with guests, it is possible to stay longer.
BREAKFAST: Homemade bread and fresh donuts (ustipci), smoked ham (prsuta), sour cream (kajmak), cheese, honey, jam, fried and boiled eggs, milk and tea.
LUNCH: Optionally young veal or lamb made under the metal pan, veal soup, trout, homemade bread, salad, cake or fruit.
- Previous experience is not necessary
- The minimum number of participants for the implementation of the arrangement is 2 people or you can join an existing group
- The maximum number of participants is 8 persons per guide
- A minimum participants' age is 18 years
- The menu can also be adapted to vegetarians and vegans, but with prior announcement
- All prices are in euros and per one person
- Timetable in the description of the arrangement is not fixed and may vary depending on the wishes and needs of our guests
- This arrangement can be combined or extended with other arrangements from our offer
The price of the package includes:
- Welcome drink
- Residence tax
- All transports to off-road vehicles during the arrangement
- Visiting Visegrad
The package price does not include:
- Additional services
- All other expenses not covered by the program
DO NOT FORGET!
- Passport or ID card (depending on the country of origin)
- Green card (if you are traveling by your own car)
- Foto camera