Three days: hiking adventure from Perućica to Trnovac Lake and Maglic
Price: 120 € person
3 days / 2 nights / 2 days for jeep safari and hiking
Camp Highlander - Rainforest Perucica - Trnovac Lake - Maglic
(2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, 1 snack)
* The offered package applies during the whole week, not just on weekends
According to the „National Geography" magazine, „VIA DINARICA" was declared as one of the best hiking routes and recommendations to all mountaineers for 2017th year. The hills that are covered by this rout Highlander Tim have been „discovering" to all nature lovers for years. This road leads you to the last rainforest in Europe „Perućice". You will be left without a word when you see the beauty of the landscape and the power of the „Skakavac" waterfall, which is 73 m high. With the Highlander Team you will also conquer the „Trnovac Lake", which is famous for its hearty form and mountain „Maglića" (2386 m) the largest peak of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
DAY 1: Arrival to the Camp Highlander until 6 pm (non-binding hour). After settling into the mountain bungalow that you booked you will have dinner (around 8 pm). After that gathering by the camp fire with music.
DAY 2: Breakfast in the early morning hours (around 7 am), and then prepare for the departure of a jeep safari and a hiking adventure. Our field vehicles start at 8 am in the direction of the National Park „Sutjeska". After an hour of driving, we reach the Perućica rainforest, the most protected forest reserve in Europe, where we will also see the Skakavac waterfall, which is 73m high. Then follow a visit to the viewpoint on Prijevor, the plateau below Maglić, the largest mountain in BiH, from where we continue the path towards Trnovac Lake (1.30h walking). We take a break for snack, swim and rest on the lake. Return to the Highlander camp is scheduled for 5 pm where a traditional lunch is organized. After lunch guests may enjoy walking by the river or in some other sports activity at the camp (volleyball, soccer…). Dinner around 9 pm and after that gathering by the camp fire with music.
DAY 3: Breakfast until 7 am, preparations for departure till 8 am. Transport to the National Park „Sutjeska” till 9 am. Visit to the viewpoint on Prijevor, the plateau below Maglić, the largest mountain in BiH. Next 3 hour we will climbing at Maglic and at the top of this mountain (2386 m) we will have a beautiful view of the mountains Volujak, Bioc, Durmitor, Zelengora, Trnovac Lake and canyons of Sutjeska, Drina, Tara, Piva and much more. Snack is planned at the top, after which we move to Prijevor plateau below the Maglic where car will be waiting to return us to the Camp. Return to the Camp until 5 pm where lunch is organized. After lunch, with the summing up of the impressions and plans for new adventures, the arrangement ends. According to the wishes and in agreement with guests, it is possible to stay longer.
BREAKFAST: Homemade bread and fresh donuts (ustipci), smoked ham (prsuta), sour cream (kajmak), cheese, honey, jam, fried and boiled eggs, milk and tea.
LUNCH: Optionally young veal or lamb made under the metal pan, veal soup, trout, homemade bread, salad, cake or fruit.
DINNER: Optionally, grilled meat (meat dumplings (ćevapi), barbecue sausages, chops, chicken, kebab (ražnjići), stew, fish trout, Cabbage rolls (sarma), pie made under the metal pan, salad, homemade bread, pancakes.
- Previous experience is not necessary
- The minimum number of participants for the implementation of the arrangement is 2 people or you can join an existing group
- The maximum number of participants is 8 persons per guide
- A minimum participants' age is 8 years
- The menu can also be adapted to vegetarians and vegans, but with prior announcement
- The snack or lunch packages are included in the price
- All prices are in euros and per one person
- Timetable in the description of the arrangement is not fixed and may vary depending on the wishes and needs of our guests
- This arrangement can be combined or extended with other arrangements from our offer
The price of the package includes:
- Hiking activities
- Overnight in the camp
- All meals during the duration of the arrangement
- Tax for entrance to the National Park „Sutjeska"
- Tax for the tour of Trnovac Lake
- Tourist tax
- All transports to off-road vehicles during the arrangement
- Licensed guides
- Free parking for your vehicles
The package price does not include:
- Additional services
- All other expenses not covered by the program
DO NOT FORGET!
- Passport or ID card (depending on the country of origin)
- Green card (if you are traveling by your own car)
- A warm sweater or jacket (nights by the river can be cooler)
- Slippers and shower towels
- Footwear for hiking
- Foto camera