One-day trip with overnight stay: mountain bike to Vranovina
Price: 80 / 120 € person
For accommodation in Lux bungalows, there is an extra 15€ per one night, per person over the price of the arrangement.
2 days / 1 night / 1 mountain bike tour
Camp Highlander – Brštanovica – Vranovina– Brštanovica – Camp Highlander
Distance 22 km + 16 km (2 breakfasts, 1 lunch package, 1 dinner)
* The offered package applies during the whole week, not just on weekends
For avanturists who are eager for challenging mountain biking, but at the same time for indescribable landscapes that can not be described by words, we recommend a demanding bicycle tour - the peaks of the Tara canyon through Zavait, Meštrevac, Dulin Brijega and Vranovina. Vranovina is the name of the village and the locality that is halfway in the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the other on the territory of Montenegro. Vranovina is located under the peak Obzir, the highest point in the Tara canyon. From the river to the top, the altitude difference exceeds 1400m! From the village of Vranovina, a narrow goat path leads to the heart of the canyon and a place called Markovic mills, a former mill on the coast of Tara. With a few points of view, there is a view from which the breath is really breathing: on a large part of the Tara canyon, the highest mountain massif of BIH - Maglić, then Durmitor, Jahorina, Treskavica, Pivska planina, Komovi .. Through the path of the viewpoint on Vranovina there is the canyon of Sušica and from here, it is possible to see the place where two canyons collide, and where Sušica flows into Tara. On the one hand, it is seen almost the entire territory of NP "Durmitor, and on the other hand there is an unrealistic view of a large part of NP "Sutjeska". These are the areas you must see!
Period: From May till October
Activity: Full-day tour
Arriving at the camp in the morning. A delicious mountain breakfast until 10 am. After breakfast, use the guidebook to select the appropriate bike and equipment for your bike adventure and start off.
Trail description B1: Brstanovica – top of the Canyon Tara – village Vranovina – Brstanovica
Trail description B2: Camp Highlander – Brstanovica – top of the Canyon Tara – village Vranovina – Camp Highlander
Trail type: The combination of asphalt, unbeaten macadam, dirty and rocky hiking trails, that can be slippery and muddy, depending on weather conditions.
Category: Challenging activity, conditionally and technically moderate demanding tour 8/10
BREAKFAST: Homemade bread and fresh donuts (ustipci), smoked ham (prsuta), sour cream (kajmak), cheese, honey, jam, fried and boiled eggs, milk and tea.
LUNCH: Optionally young veal or lamb made under the metal pan, veal soup, trout, homemade bread, salad, cake or fruit.
DINNER: Optionally, grilled meat (meat dumplings (ćevapi)), barbecue sausages, chops, chicken, kebab (ražnjići), stew, fish trout, cabbage rolls (sarma), pie made under the metal pan, salad, homemade bread, pancakes.
*For accommodation in Lux bungalows, there is an extra 15€ per night, per person over the price of the arrangement.
- Previous experience is not necessary
- We reserve the right to assess whether a person has the minimum physical fitness for canyoning
- The minimum number of participants for the implementation of the arrangement is 2 people or you can join an existing group
- The maximum number of participants is 8 persons per guide
- A minimum participants' age is 18 years
- The menu can also be adapted to vegetarians and vegans, but with prior announcement
- The snack or lunch packages are included in the price
- All prices are in euros and per one person
- Timetable in the description of the arrangement is not fixed and may vary depending on the wishes and needs of our guests
- This arrangement can be combined or extended with other arrangements from our offer
The price of the package includes:
- Rent of a mountain bike and bike activities
- Overnight at Camp Highlander
- All meals during the arrangement
- Tax for entrance to the National Park „Durmitor“
- Residence tax
- Bike equipment (mountain bike, helmet, water bottle)
- All transports to off-road vehicles during the arrangement
- The services of a licensed guides
- Free parking for your vehicles
The package price does not include:
- Additional services
- All other expenses not covered by the program
DO NOT FORGET!!!
- Passport or ID card (depending on the country of origin)
- Green card (if you are traveling by your own car)
- A warm sweater or jacket (nights by the river can be cooler)
- Towel, slippers for showering and personal toiletries
- Wardrobe and bike riding shoes
- Changing clothes
- A smaller backpack
- Photo Camera