One-day trip with overnight stay: mountain bike tour to Trnovac lake
Price: 120 € person
2 days / 1 night / 1 mountain bike tour
Tjentiste – Rainforest Perucica - Prijevor – Trnovac Lake - Tjentiste
Distance 41,79 km / Total ascent 1329 m (2 breakfasts, 1 lunch package, 1 dinner)
* The offered package applies during the whole week, not just on weekends
Whether you want one day to hike in the area of NP Sutjeska or you are more for mountain biking adventure, we recommend you to visit the Trnovac Lake. It's enough to see its shape in the heart, and it will be love at first glance, because Trnovac Lake will conquer you with its seductive shape and its blue-green color. They say this is a destination that rarely can resist, especially bikers.
Just when you see its shape of heart, it will be enough to fall in love with the Trnovacko lake at first sight, because it will win you over with its seductive form and its blue-green color. This is the destination hardly anyone can resist.
It is located in the far northwest of Montenegro surrounded by mountains Maglic, Volujak, Vlasulja, Bioc and Trnovacki Durmitor that are reflected in blue-green water of the lake. The lake is not that easily approachable and can be reached from the direction of Pluzine (Montenegro) or from the direction of Foca (Bosnia and Herzegovina). It is located at 1517 m, with about 600 meters in diameter and with varying depth. The shape of the lake and impressive environment is what makes it perhaps the most beautiful lake in the region. Especially fascinates its blue-green color because of which it looks like an emerald, carefully hidden with slopes of the surrounding mountains. Near the lake there is rainforest Perucica, one of the last surviving primeval forest in Europe.
Period: From May till October
Activity: Full-day tour
Program: Arrival to the Highlander Camp in the early morning hours where you will have a delicious mountain breakfast (around 8 am). After breakfast you will got your bikes and equipment for a bike tour (helmet and water bottle). Around 9 am we will go with our jeeps to the National Park Sutjeska and place Tjentiste, where is the starting point for the bike ride and your adventure can begins. We will ride bicycles to Trnovac Lake where we will have a longer pause for lunch package. We will enjoy the beauty of the lake and the mountain air, and then we will go back to Tjentiste. There we are waiting for vehicles to return to the Highlander Camp. The dinner is planned around 8 pm, and then a gathering next to campfire with drinks and music. Overnight in wooden bungalows, and the next morning after breakfast, the program ends.
Trail description: Tjentiste – Perucica - Prijevor – Trnovac lake - Tjentiste
Distance 41,79 km.
Total ascent 1329 m
Trail type: The combination of asphalt, unbeaten macadam, dirty and rocky hiking trails, that can be slippery and muddy, depending on weather conditions.
Category: Challenging activity, conditionally and technically moderate demanding tour 6/10
BREAKFAST: Homemade bread and fresh donuts (ustipci), smoked ham (prsuta), sour cream (kajmak), cheese, honey, jam, fried and boiled eggs, milk and tea.
LUNCH: Optionally young veal or lamb made under the metal pan, veal soup, trout, homemade bread, salad, cake or fruit.
DINNER: Optionally, grilled meat (meat dumplings (ćevapi)), barbecue sausages, chops, chicken, kebab (ražnjići), stew, fish trout, cabbage rolls (sarma), pie made under the metal pan, salad, homemade bread, pancakes.
- Previous experience is not necessary
- We reserve the right to assess whether a person has the minimum physical fitness for canyoning
- The minimum number of participants for the implementation of the arrangement is 2 people or you can join an existing group
- The maximum number of participants is 8 persons per guide
- A minimum participants' age is 18 years
- The menu can also be adapted to vegetarians and vegans, but with prior announcement
- The snack or lunch packages are included in the price
- All prices are in euros and per one person
- Timetable in the description of the arrangement is not fixed and may vary depending on the wishes and needs of our guests
- This arrangement can be combined or extended with other arrangements from our offer
The price of the package includes:
- Rent of a mountain bike and bike activities
- Overnight at Camp Highlander
- All meals during the arrangement
- Tax for entrance to the National Park „Sutjeska“
- Tax for Trnovac lake
- Residence tax
- Bike equipment (mountain bike, helmet, water bottle)
- All transports to off-road vehicles during the arrangement
- The services of a licensed guides
- Free parking for your vehicles
The package price does not include:
- Additional services
- All other expenses not covered by the program
DO NOT FORGET!
- Passport or ID card (depending on the country of origin)
- Green card (if you are traveling by your own car)
- A warm sweater or jacket (nights by the river can be cooler)
- Towel, slippers for showering and personal toiletries
- Wardrobe and bike riding shoes
- Changing clothes
- A smaller backpack
- Photo Camera